Want to save costs on a per study basis?
Want to convert fixed costs to variable to lower overhead?
Want better reliability on quality and turnaround of your interpreted studies?
Want a board certified sleep physician interpreting your sleep studies with quality and consistency?
Hospital Based Sleep Lab and need a credentialed sleep physician on staff to interpret sleep studies timely?
Do you turn around your studies in 5- 7 days or less?
Sleep labs outsource their interpretation of sleep studies for various reasons including:
- Having a specialist board certified in sleep medicine reading studies and interpreting them.
- Allow the lab to bill globally and pay the interpreting physician a flat fee — thus increasing the profit margins of the sleep lab.
- Making sure the studies are turned around a timely basis. The goal of the sleep lab should be to turn around a complete study within 7 days, and ideally in 5 days. Fast turnaround helps the business grow and bill out faster.
- Allow the medical director of the sleep lab to be a medical director and not have to also do interpretations.
- Hospital system does not have a local board certified sleep physician, or current boarded sleep doctor is spread thin by doing other hospital activities and turnaround is suffering.
- Having a board certified physician as a contact for diagnosis of complex conditions.
- Whether an IDTF or a group practice, benefits from outsourcing to a U.S. based sleep medicine physician can be financially beneficial.
Requirement of our Sleep Physicians [most cases this is not an issue]: There must be a geographically local licensed physician acting as a medical director for the sleep center. Studies can be processed in two ways: The study can be interpreted only, or scored and interpreted. If the study is interpreted only, assessment of the scoring team will be necessary as our physicians are very particular in the trust of the scoring team. Thus our physicians will only accept interpretation only cases depending on such review. In most cases it is more financially feasible for sleep labs to bundle the scoring the interpretation together. This not only decreases costs but decreases turnaround time as our physicians will directly work with the scoring teams to turnaround the studies timely.
Hospital Based Sleep Lab / Center : Yes, our U. S. based doctors can interpret sleep studies for your hospital system. Requirements are understandably strict for hospital systems and our physicians have experience in such systems. Our doctors are licensed in many states thus making credentialing requirements easier. Yes, our doctors will be open to getting credentialed. If our doctors don’t have a license in your particular state, we will look at getting licensed if that is a requirement of your state and hospital. As long as the volume will support the costs of getting licensed there is no additional cost to your hospital. We make it easy as possible.
NO CONTRACTS! : Seriously.. use our services when you need to and not when you don’t. There are no long term contracts, no exclusivity, no minimums. We make it easy as can be.
Scoring and Interpretation:
- 1 to 100 studies at $135 / study
- 101 plus studies at $130 / study
- Home sleep tests at $ 80 / study
- Any number of studies per month at $110 / study
- Home sleep testing at $ 55 / study
- Great we love Somnoware! For Somnoware sleep workflow software users in independent sleep labs and hospital systems, our doctors will provide a 10% discount on interpretation services. Yes 10% by just using Somnoware to manage your sleep lab workflow. If you would like more information on Somnoware and how you can bring it on board successfully as we have in multiple labs, reach out to us and we will be happy to give you our two cents and get you inside scoop.
Contact us today to discuss your current situation with scoring and how we may be able to help.